TANCET exam is conducted every year to fill up vacancies in M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch and M.Plan Streams of Engineering. An analysis of exam pattern is as below:
- The question paper will have three parts with Part 1 & 2 being compulsory and Part 3 is optional which will be based on the discipline chosen by the candidates while filling the TANCET 2016 Application Form..
- The questions will be set at UG level of course of studies.
- Part 1 & 2 will have thirty questions each carrying 30 marks with one mark for each correct answer for MCA and MBA Streams.
- Part 3 contains 40 Questions in the chosen field with 1 mark for each correct answer for MCA and MBA Streams.
- Part 1 will consist of 30 questions for 30 marks and Part 2 will have 45 questions for 30 marks for ME Streams.
- Part 2 will feature either 45 questions with a maximum of 30 marks that can be scored for ME Streams.
- Part 3 comprises of either 40 or 45 questions with a total of 40 marks to be scored for ME Streams.
Note: Negative marking of 1/3 will be deducted from a candidate's score for every wrong answer for all the Streams.